The role of the Governing Body is also to safeguard the public interest in the school and to ensure that those who are directly responsible for day-to-day management (the Executive Headteacher, Heads of School and senior leaders) are accountable for decisions and actions taken. The Governors play an important role in overseeing the maintenance and improvement of standards of achievement in the school. It is a strategic role and does not get involved in the day-to-day running of the school, which is the role of the Executive Headteacher and senior staff.
Under the Castle CE Federation, the Governing Body is responsible for both schools in the Federation.
Key roles of the Governors are:
- To ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- To hold the Executive Headteacher/Senior Leadership Team to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- To oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent
In addition, there are other duties:
- Determining how the schools’ budgets are spent
- The appointing and dismissing of staff
- Hearing appeals and grievances
- Forming policy on the schools’ curriculum
- Setting standards for pupils’ behaviour and discipline
- Making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe
- Setting and monitoring the schools’ aims and policies
|Mrs H Armstrong||Foundation||Diocesan Board of Education|
|Mrs S Hyde||Foundation||Diocesan Board of Education|
|Mrs M Carnegie||Foundation||St Peter’s, Berkhamsted|
|Ms L Clarke (Vice-chair)||Foundation||St Peter’s, Berkhamsted|
|Mrs E Dowling||Foundation||St Peter’s, Berkhamsted|
|Mrs V Harris||Foundation||St Peter’s, Berkhamsted|
|Mrs J Jenkins (Chair)||Foundation||St Peter’s, Berkhamsted|
|Mr N Heath||Foundation||St Michael & All Angels’, Sunnyside|
|Fr Simon Vivian||Foundation||Ex-officio (Parish Clergy Team)|
|Mrs E Wallace||Local Authority||Governing Body|
|Mr W Ball||Parent||Parents|
|Mrs N Spanswick||Parent||Parents|
|Mr R Donald||Staff||Staff|
|Mr R Halls||Staff||Ex-officio (Executive Headteacher)|
|Mrs C Crozier||Co-opted (Head of School)||Governing Body|
|Mrs J Cutler||Co-opted (Head of School)||Governing Body|
|Mrs J Histed||Clerk to the Governors|
Our governors can be contacted via our schools.
Our Governing Body was constituted on 16 April 2018.