Vision & Values
Our vision is flourishing in learning and love within a happy, Christian family.
'Do everything in love.' (1 Corinthians 16:14) underpins this vision
Our values are the ways that we seek to do things. As a Church of England federation, these are based on the Christian faith, but are values that are important to us, whatever our faith or background. The values are taught to children in order for them to have a knowledge and understanding of different life values and skills which will help to make them well rounded and valuable member of the community.
We talk and learn about these through our worship and in class, but we try to put them into practice in every situation at school.
We have 18 values that we work through over time, but each school elects three core values that they feel are particularly important to them as a school community. Everything we do is underpinned by our core values and by a set of beliefs, which respect the value and potential of each individual and recognise the holistic approach to development.
- to be proud of ourselves and each other for always being the best that we can be
- to be happy and safe, and feel part of a caring school family
- to love learning through exciting, creative opportunities
- to know that we are all special in God’s eyes
- to have a sense of responsibility and the confidence to stand up for what is right in our world
- to work together to prepare us for ‘life in all its fullness’
- to practise Christian values in everything we do
Our ethos statement is rooted in our Church of England foundations:
- We will preserve and develop our religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with our parish and diocese.
- We will serve our community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice.
- We will encourage an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promote Gospel values in all that we do.
As Church of England schools, we welcome those who live by all faiths or no faith, as partners with whom we build our school communities. True Christian hospitality is generosity, resourced from God’s own generosity and knows no boundaries.
We are proud to be an inclusive family in which to belong; places to explore and go deeper in learning; places to pray, grow and serve.